Some time ago our president, Dr Zimmermann, spoke at the 2017 Samuel Griffith Society conference in Perth, where he received a standing ovation for his presentation.
We recently received a letter from the convenor of the Samuel Griffith Society regarding Dr Zimmermann’s presentation. It reads:
May I take this opportunity to again thank-you for speaking at this year’s Samuel Griffith Society conference in Perth.
It was our best-ever attended conference and the feedback from attendees was unanimously positive. Your excellent speech helped ensure that the conference was a tremendous success. I am still making inquiries, but you may well have the honour of being the only speaker to ever receive a standing ovation!
Your research interests and ideas are so readily aligned with those of the Society. I do hope that you become more involved in the future.
It is a great honour to be associated with, and so well received by the Samuel Griffith Society and its attendees. This year’s conference had a remarkable lineup of speakers:
- The Hon Patrick Keane AC, Justice of the High Court of Australia
- The Hon Wayne Martin AC, Chief Justice of Western Australia
- The Hon Justice Robert Mitchell, Judge of the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- The Hon Nicholas Hasluck AM, Former Judge of the Supreme Court of Western Australia
- The Hon Tony Abbott MP, 28th Prime Minister of Australia
- The Hon Dr Michael Nahan, Former Treasurer of Western Australia
- Senator David Leyonhjelm, Senator for the State of New South Wales
- Senator James Patterson, Senator for the State of Victoria
- Professor Neville Rochow SC, Professor of Law and Senior Counsel for South Australia
- Associate Professor Michelle Evans, Deputy Head of School, Curtin University
- Chris Kenny, Editor and Columnist (The Australian) and Television Host (Sky News)
- David Flanagan, Chancellor of Murdoch University
- Peta Credlin, Former Chief of Staff to the Prime Minister of Australia
- John Stone, Former Secretary to the Treasury
- Keith Wolahan, Barrister at Law in the State of Victoria
We in the Western Australian Legal Theory Association are proud of the achievement of our President and thank the Samuel Griffith Society for their interest in his work.